Xiaomi has been a hit throughout the Indian market especially with their Xiaomi Mi lineup. Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is a decent device with good looks at economical price. The device officially came out with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. No update has been officially planned for the device yet. But there is one LineageOS ROM already been released with Android 7.1.2 Nougat in form of LineageOS 14.1. This guide will direct you through each step involved to install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
In this guide post, we show you how to install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium). A few weeks back, the Lineage OS team updated the ROM to Android 7.1.2 with various bug fixes and optimizations. It includes you can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, night mode, data saver mode option, one handed mode, improved battery life, latest security patches and more on Xiaomi Mi 5s.
Download & Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
LineageOS is based on Android Open Source Project and is free. This particular version of the LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is unofficial and is still kind of work in progress. Things working in the ROM are listed below and bugs are actively found and fixed by the XDA developer. The ROM is still stable and functional, so try it with confidence.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on the Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Click here to Visit Official Website for more.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Downloads LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Download all three files given above.
- Transfer them all to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Then perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the firmware file first and flash it.
- After flashing firmware, select the LineageOS 14.1 zip and flash it.
- Wait for the installation to finish and finally, select Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot the device and you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
That is it. You have now successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Hope this guide helped you to flash properly. If you have any doubts, do comment below.
Stay tuned for more updates!