Do you own an HTC U Ultra? Have you ever tried to install custom ROM on HTC U Ultra? If yes, here today we are sharing the custom ROM developed by Leedroid ROM which is based on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat. This custom ROM comes with lots of new features and customisation options. A custom recovery will be needed to Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra. So make sure your HTC U Ultra bootloader is unlocked, if not you need to unlock it first!
HTC U Ultra smartphone was launched a few months back and it features many of new features. The device sports a 5.7-inch HD display with great resolution. HTC U Ultra is power with 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 Processor paired with 4GB of RAM. The device features 12 MP as the primary shooter camera and 16 MP as the front shooter. HTC U Ultra runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC inbuilt user interface. So just thought of installing the custom ROM on HTC device which comes with lots of new customisation options. Yeah, Its all about Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra.
If you are new to install Custom ROMs on your device, then dont worry! This post includes Step-by-Step installation process. As mentioned earlier, to install the Custom ROM you need your device to be unlocked bootloader. So We just shared how to Unlock Bootloader HTC U Ultra first then followed by installing the LEEDROID Custom ROM on your HTC Device.
Also, we have mentioned other tutorial guides in the Prerequisites section. If you miss any steps that we mentioned here, then it might lead you to some issues or damage the device. So make sure you follow each & every step we mentioned below!
Let’s get started with the tutorial part on installing the custom ROM!
LeeDroid Custom ROM For HTC U Ultra
This new official LeeDroid custom ROM comes with tons if new improvements and customisation features and is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. If you want to know how to download and install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra, then this post will help you a bit! We shared the free download LeeDroid ROM for HTC U Ultra devices. Just follow the below mentioned steps to get started to install custom ROM on HTC U Ultra smartphones.
HTC U Ultra LeeDrOiD ROM Details
A quick list of the main features in LeeDroid is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your HTC U Ultra:
- This method works only on HTC U Ultra
- Need Unlocked Bootloader HTC U Ultra
- Requires TWRP recovery installed. If not download it from Here
- Your device must have 50-60% charged
- Take a full backup of your data. Follow this guide to Take Backup on Windows.
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC U Ultra
- Go to HTCDev Official website.
- Create an HTCDev account just by Clicking on ‘Register’ and register for your device.
- Now activate your account > Login > Go to Homepage of HTCDev.
- Click on “Unlock Bootloader” option and click on “Get Started” button.
- Choose “All Other Supported Models” from the drop-down menu list and click the “Begin Unlock Bootloader” option.
- Then give permission just by clicking YES option in the pop-up window.
- In the next Pop-up window, check the legal terms and click on “Proceed to Unlock Instructions” option.
- Download Fastboot Files for HTC U Ultra and extract it on your Local C Disk.
- Now, Hold the Volume Down + Power to enter the Bootloader mode.
- Connect your HTC U Ultra to the computer and open Command Prompt just by clicking “Start Button” and type “cmd” followed by enter key.
- In the command Prompt Window, just type the following command mentioned below,
- Now again type the another command below and press Enter key.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now you will get a Long String of text which is nothing by an Identifier Token for your HTC U Ultra. Just “COPY” the Long String texts and go to this page on HTCDev. [Link]
- Paste that identifier token into the box at the bottom of that HTCDev page and Click Submit.
- Once done, you will get an email with a link to “Unlock_Code.bin” file attached.
- Download “Unlock_code.bin” file and save it in your Fastboot folder where you extracted before. [Local C Drive]
- Now in the Command Prompt window, enter the following command below and press Enter.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Read the on-screen instruction on your device and press Volume Up button to accept and Power button to confirm.
- Great! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader your HTC U Ultra device. So from now on, you can install any Custom ROMs, flash a custom Recovery and try system tweaks on your device.
Also now we can install the LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra without any issues!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra Smartphone.
Install Android 7.0 LeeDroid Nougat on HTC U Ultra
To get started you need to download the LeeDrOiD Custom ROM for your HTC U Ultra Device. So below we have shared the direct link to download and Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra. Just download and the ROM and move further with the installation guide mentioned down below to the download section.
Download LeeDrOiD Custom ROM For HTC U Ultra
Steps To Install Custom Rom on HTC U Ultra
- First, download the above file and move to external storage and Turn Off your device.
- Now enter the Recovery Mode just by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Power Key.
- Click on Bootloader > Recovery options at the same time.
- In the Recovery Mode, go to Wipe and Format Option > Wipe Date, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Click Install and Navigate to the external storage where you kept your downloaded file.
- Select the .Zip from the list to Flash it.
- Wait for a while, the flashing process will take a while.
- Once done, just reboot your device and enjoy the new LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra.
Hope this guide post on How to Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra [Android 7.0 Nougat]. If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
If you are facing any issues, let us know in comments. Do share this post with your friend who is using HTC U Ultra Smartphones and Install LeeDroid Custom ROM on HTC U Ultra.
Stay tuned for more updates on Custom ROMs!