HTC 10 is the 2016 flagship from HTC Mobiles that was launched last year. It was not a great hit on the market but still had good support from developers on the web. Hence, the official version of LineageOS is there for it too. It is the Lineage 14.1, an Android Nougat based official release from LineageOS. In this guide, you will learn how to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on HTC 10 smartphone.
Download Official HTC 10 Lineage OS 14.1 [7.1.1 Nougat]
LineageOS 14.1 ROM is Android Nougat 7.1.x based (Android Open Source Project) and if focussed on offering more than what your stock ROM offers. You may have heard about its predecessor, the CyanogenMod. LineageOS is basically the new Cyanogenmod. So today, LineageOS is the one of the most widely acclaimed custom ROM among dev groups.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Root access available on the HTC 10.
- TWRP recovery installed on the device.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in Settings > Developer Options.
- This ROM only for HTC 10.
No issues are known to be found at the moment in this ROM. The ROM is stable and is used by a large number of users. So you can go ahead and try it with confidence.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 for HTC 10
Latest Lineage OS 14.1 ROM – Link
Download Gapps for HTC 10 – Link
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on HTC 10
- Download the LineageOS 14.1 ROM and Google apps or Gapps for Android 7.1.
- Transfer both zip files from your PC to the HTC 10.
- Now, turn off your HTC 10.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Then perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe.
- Wipe Dalvik cache, cache, system, and data.
- Finally, select Install from the main menu. You will be asked to select the ROM files here. Select the ROM file and Gapps package from the directory you put them in.
- After that, reboot the device.
- A successful flash will result in a LineageOS welcome screen and boot animation.
If you can see the LineageOS boot animation, wait for it to complete for the first time. So you have installed LineageOS 14.1 ROM on HTC 10 now successfully. If you need assistance or support, either drop a comment below or visit official XDA Thread of this ROM. Hope you enjoyed the guide and had successfully flashed your device.