If you want to know How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T, then you should check out this post! This post is all about what you need to do to install LineageOS on your OnePlus 3T. Yeah, this is not an unofficial version, but this method is similar to official OnePlus 3T Lineage OS 14.1.
A few days back, I’ve shared a guide post on Installing Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon. And now it’s time for, the awesome OnePlus 3T device. The whole download and install process will simple as easier. So don’t worry about anything! The LineageOS 14.1 ROM File for OnePlus 3T is sized about 610MB, you need an active internet connection to download it.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM developed by wee-known XDA developer unjustified Dev, and it built to support Android 7.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
- How to Update Yuphoria and Yureka to Android 7.1.1 via LineageOS 14.1
- How to Install Android 7.1.1 on Huawei Honor 4/4X using LineageOS 14.1
- How to Download and Install OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T
Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T
So here what we gonna do to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T. It’s just like installing custom ROM on your devices. The only difference, here you will installing Gapps additional to ensure that you use apps from Google Play store.
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
Download Lineage OS ROM Files for OnePlus 3T
Latest Lineage OS ROM File – Link
Google Apps (ARM64) – Link
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T Officially?
- First, you need to download the LineageOS 14.1 for your device from above. Also, you need to download Android 7.1 Compatible Gapps for OnePlus 3T devices.
- Once you download, move the files to internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device intro TWRP recovery. You can enter this mode by Pressing & holding Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- In TWRP, tap Backup and create a Nandroid backup.
- Then Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear Data, Cache and System.
- Tap on ‘Install’ then locate the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Zip file.
- Start the installation of the ROM by swiping to the right side.
- Once the installation was done, flash the Gapps Zip file on your Yureka and Yuphoria device.
- Select Wipe > Wipe Cache > Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your device and enjoy!
Hope you have successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 and know how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T Officially. If you are facing any issues while installation process, leave it in the comment section to get help. Stay tuned for more updates!