Today I’m with an interesting topic about Sailfish OS. Hope you heard about the Sailfish Firmware. It’s one among the Best Custom ROMs available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Yeah, this entire post guide you How to Install or Flash Sailfish OS on Redmi Note 3. Isn’t great?
- Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Download & Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM on Redmi 4 Prime
If you are looking for some tutorial posts on How to Install Sailfish OS on Redmi Note 3, then you have landed on right page. This post describes What is Sailfish OS, Changelogs, Bugs and the instruction guide to install properly on your Redmi Note 3 device. A few days back, we shared How to Install Linux OS on Any Android Device. Now it’s time for Sailfish OS 😀
What is Sailfish OS?
Sailfish OS is just like other mobile operating systems based on Linux Kernel. So it does support both ARM and x86 devices. It comes with custom-built UI which looks similar to Android, Ubuntu and Firefox OS. The Sailfish OS is compatible with Android Applications too!
Using this OS, the gesture-based interface works great! Rather than using physical buttons, the OS features gestures to navigate. It perfectly fits in a tablet mode. You can know more about it from here.
Sailfish OS on Xiaomi Note 3
As I mentioned above, Sailfish OS is a GNU/Linux based OS which natively runs a many tools like busybox and Qt for UX. If you are good on Linux OS, then Sailfish is for you! So how to Install Sailfish OS on Android Devices? Is that possible?
Yeah, it is! Here in this post, I gonna share the latest version of Sailfish OS for Redmi Note 3. This firmware comes with many bugs which include VoLTE, fingerprint, Camcorder etc., Don’t worry about it! Developers will take care of it ASAP!
Want to take a break from the usual ROMs? Want to experience something new? Then follow this guide post and give a try to Sailfish OS. The firmware shared here is an initial version of Sailfish or even you can wait for stable release. Before getting into the guide sections, let’s see the major changelogs and known issues of Sailfish OS.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Camera except for video record
- Video Playback
- Hotspot and Bluetooth.
- Hardware keys
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on the Redmi Note 3.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
- Turn ON Bluetooth before rebooting.
- Turn Off Wifi.
- NO VoLTE, FM radio support.
- Did Not test SIM 2.
- Use Web Pirate Browser from Jolla Store instead
Downloads Sailfish OS 2.0 for Redmi Note 3
|Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||Download Links|
|Download Sailfish OS 188.8.131.52 File||Link|
|Download Lineage OS 13||Link|
|Download TWRP Recovery||Link|
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Steps to Install Sailfish OS on Redmi Note 3
- Download all the required files given above.
- Transfer them all to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Redmi Note 3.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Then perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the Lineage OS file and flash it.
- Once done, format data. Don’t Wipe.
- Now select the Sailfish OS zip file and flash it.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Reboot the device and you will notice Sailfish OS boot animation on RN3P.
That is it. You have now successfully installed Sailfish ROM on Redmi Note 3. Hope this guide helped you to Flash Sailfish OS on Redmi Note 3. If you have any doubts, do comment below. You can also find help and assistance here in the original XDA page.
Stay tuned for more updates @TECHORA!