When you try to install your favourite ROMs in TWRP or something, sometimes the process does not go as you want it to. It could get your smartphone into trouble and you could get your device in boot loops, soft or hard bricks. Sometimes if you are unlucky, your device could even die. So being careful while flashing a smartphone is really important. So How to Unbrick OnePlus 3T and Relock Bootloader?
- How to Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T
- How to Download and Install OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T
- How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 12 on OnePlus 3T [Open OS Beta 3]
We have to thank the XDA developer named LloydSmallwood who has found this solution for the OnePlus 3T. So we here a working solution.
Relock Bootloader, Return to Stock & Unbrick OnePlus 3T
If you are a OnePlus 3T user who already has got into any of those troubles and looking for a fix, you are at the right place. Here we will show you how to unbrick & relock bootloader of OnePlus 3T.
In this guide, we will see how to unbrick a hard unbricked OnePlus 3T. Follow the steps carefully to bring your OnePlus 3T back to life.
Downloads Files to UnBrick OP3T
Steps to Unbrick OnePlus 3T & Relock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T
You can follow these steps to either unbrick, relock bootloader of OnePlus 3T or even to get back to stock ROM of the smartphone. So you can proceed by following the steps below.
- Download and extract the tools we provided above on desktop. If the download links are not working, do comment below. We will fix it ASAP!
Driver Signature Enforcement Disable
- Now in order for the tool you have downloaded to work, you need to disable ‘Driver Signature Enforcement‘.
- For doing that you have to go to Command Prompt in Admin mode. Go to Winkey + K and press “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Copy and paste this code below and press Enter.
bcdedit /set testsigning on
- Restart your PC and you will enter test mode. Enter the code below to turn off test mode.
bcdedit /set testsigning off
That’s it for this step. Now we are going to get into the main part of this guide. After disabling the Driver Signature Enforcement, follow the steps below.
Unbrick or Return to Stock ROM
- Ensure that you have downloaded and extracted the files specified before.
- Press the power button for 40 seconds to turn off the OnePLus 3T.
- Then, press the Volume up button for 10 seconds while connecting the phone to the computer.
- Open Device Manager on your computer. Make sure there is a device named “QHUSB_BULK” in Unknown devices.
- Right-click this device and select update device software. Choose the option to manually select the drivers. Select the driver files that you have already downloaded.
- After the installation, the device name will be changed to “Qualcomm 9008”.
- Now, run the unbrick tool from the downloaded files named MsmDownloadTOol V2.0.exe.
- Click Start button at the top left corner. Be patient until the process is complete and then press finish button.
- Unplug the phone from the PC after finishing and turn it on. Your OnePlus 3T is now unbricked with stock ROM.
Relocking the Bootloader on OnePlus 3T
After getting your OnePlus 3T back to life, you have to lock your unlocked bootloader again to return completely back to stock condition. In order to do that, simply follow these steps.
- Make sure that the USB debugging and Advanced Reboot options are enabled in your Android Developer options.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools directly from here.
- Open the command prompt in the ADB/Fastboot folder and enter the command below:
- Now, get the device into bootloader mode with this code:
adb reboot bootloader
- After that enter the code below:
- If the device ID shows up here, it means it is fine.
- Type in the last set of commands below:
fastboot oem lock
- Now, using volume keys in your phone select “Lock Bootloader” option and press power button to confirm the selection. After that, your device will be wiped and rebooted automatically. It will boot up again with a locked bootloader.
Hope this helped you to Unbrick OnePlus 3T & Relock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T. If you found this helpful, share and leave a comment below.
Stay tuned for more updates!