In this guide today, we bring you a step-by-step detailed tutorial on how you can install Oxygen OS on OnePlus 3T Android Smartphone. Not just any version of the Oxygen OS, but the latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 firmware which was released a few weeks back.
- How to Fix Status 7 Error while flashing LineageOS ROM
- How to Download and Install OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T
- How to Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3T
The latest Open Beta 3 firmware for the Oxygen OS brings in a lot of long-awaited features and updates to the OnePlus 3T that makes the software experience on the Smartphone even better. Some of the features of OxygenOS Open Beta 3 firmware for OnePlus 3T are listed below.
How to Install Oxygen OS on OnePlus 3T (OpenOS Beta 3 Firmware)
Before you can actually flash the latest OpenOS Beta 3 firmware and install OxygenOS on OnePlus 3T, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. And below is how you can unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3T without coming across any errors.
OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 3T Features:
- This ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- Support for WIFI IPv6 toggle added.
- Line app crashes has been solved.
- Camera application stability has been improved.
- Improved WIFI to Mobile Data Smart Switcher.
- Carrier APN has been updated.
- Low-light photography exposure has been improved.
- Better audio output quality.
- Indian users get the Amazon Prime application preinstalled.
- Better boot-time security.
- Better UI.
- Latest security updates and patches.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T?
- Download ADB Drivers for Windows from here and for Mac from here.
- Download the bootloader file for Windows from here and for Mac from here.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your OnePlus 3T by going to Settings>Developer Options.
- Power OFF your OnePlus 3T.
- Boot your device into the bootloader mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Volume Down keys.
- Connect your OnePlus 3T to the PC.
- Run the Command Prompt on your PC.
- Key in the command and press Enter.
- Now if you are on Windows machine, type the command and press Enter.
"adb reboot bootloader"
- Or else if you are in Mac powered machines, then type and press Enter.
"./adb reboot bootloader"
- Now type the command and hit Enter.
"fastboot oem unlock" for Windows or the command "
"/fastboot oem unlock" for Mac
- Click on the Volume Up key of your Smartphone to confirm.
- Your OnePlus 3T will now reboot and after the reboot your device will have it’s bootloader unlocked.
Steps to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Nougat 7.1.1 Firmware on OP 3T:
- Download the ADB drivers from here and the Fastboot files from here.
- Download the OxygenOS Open Beta Nougat 7.1.1 Firmware for OnePlus 3T from here.
- Copy the firmware file to the folder where the fastboot files are present.
- Power OFF and the boot your OnePlus 3T to bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- Open the CMD window on your PC by pressing Right Mouse Buttom+Shift key on any empty space of the fastboot folder.
- Type the command and press Enter.
- On Windows PC, now type the commanda nd press Enter (Replace File Name with the name of the firmware file you downloaded in step 2).
"adb sideload FileName.zip"
- On Mac machines, type and press Enter (Replace File Name with the name of the firmware file you downloaded in step 2).
"/adb sideload FileName.zip"
- Wait for some time.
- Now the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Firmware running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat will be installed on your OnePlus 3T.
And that’s all you have to do in order to install Oxygen OS on OnePlus 3T, that too the latest Open Beta 3 firmware running Android 7.1.1 Nougat version.