The HTC Desire 628 was launched by HTC Mobiles last year with 3GB of RAM powered with 1.3 GHz Octa-core processor. This device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and today we thought of sharing a guide post on How to Root HTC desire 628 using SRS Root. If you own this device and looking for a quick way to root it, then this tutorial to root HTC Desire 628 is here for you!
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot and Take TWRP Backup on Windows
- How to Enhance Huawei Honor 8 Camera Using Camera Mod
- How to Download and Install Magisk on Android Device
After rooting your device, you will gain a lot of access like: Can uninstall factory apps, install your own custom ROMs, change system settings, etc. It is what every Android enthusiast will do first thing after buying a new phone.
Root HTC Desire 628 Android Smartphone
So like we told you before, this guide does require PC or laptop. You can follow the steps down below to get your HTC Desire 628 rooted and then do whatever you want. Kindly check and go through the notes below. If everything checks, you can go straight to the steps to start rooting. Let’s Check How to Root HTC Desire 628!
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Turn off any antivirus software present in your smartphone.
- This method only works for HTC Desire 628. Do not attempt this on any other smartphones.
- Enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources before proceeding.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
Download Required Files
Download HTC Desire 628 Drivers – Link
Download SRS Root Tool – Link
Steps to Root HTC Desire 628 Smartphone
- Download and extract the SRS Root Zip file and install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Once you install it, open SRSRoot For Android icon.
- Connect your Desire 628 handset to the PC and click on “Root Device (All Methods).
- Wait for a while until the rooting process gets completed! Once done, it will pop-up with a Success message.
- The best thing is, you can unroot HTC desire 628 just by clicking the option “UnRoot Device”.
- Once you did with everything, reboot your device!
- That’s it!
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your HTC Desire 628 smartphone. Hope this guide helped you. Share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.