OnePlus has now started rolling out Open Beta 14 for OP3 and Open Beta 5 for OP3T device with lots of new improvement. Both these updates come with many improvements such as GPS, Launcher, improved Bluetooth, Night Mode and more. The new update is based on the same Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The new Open Beta 14 and Open Beta 5 on OnePlus 3/3T comes with bug fixes and some enhancements in launchers.
Open Beta 14 and Open Beta 5 on OnePlus 3/3T
If you already flashed a previous Open Beta build, then you can receive the latest beta version via OTA. If you are a new user then you need to download the full firmware and flash it using ADB side load and fastboot.
Here some of the notable features or changelog of Open Beta 14 and Open Beta 5 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Bluetooth: Fixes car Bluetooth issues, auto connection issues and optimizes battery usage.
- GPS: Improves accuracy, so now it is less likely to drop GPS connection
- Community app has been updated to version 1.8.
- Night Mode: Update sunrise time, fixes issue with auto night mode and with sRGB.
- Launcher: Fixes system reboots issue when setting wallpaper, fix for launcher crash, and removed the extraneous wallpaper entry.
- New Fixes clock widget bug
- Dark theme improvements
- Translation improvements
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Download Required Files
OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3 – Link
OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for OnePlus 3T – Link
Download ADB and Fastboot – Link
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 14/5 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download the required files from above and save those downloaded files inside the ADB installation folder.
- Turn On your device and enter the stock recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons together for a while.
- In the recovery, select “Install from USB” option and tap OK.
- Now Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC or MAC and enter the following command in command prompt in windows and terminal in Mac.
For Windows: adb sideload File Name.zip For Mac/Linux: ./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
- Wait for some time and choose the downloaded files and it will start updating to the selected build.
- Once done it will reboot automatically and take you into the new Android 7.1.1 based OxygenOS. That’s it!
- How to Fix Dm-Verity Check Error on OnePlus 3/3T
- Install Google Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
- Install Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download Open Beta 14/5 zip file from above.
- Move those file to your phone internal memory.
- Restart the OnePlus 3 into recovery mode.
- Select ‘Apply Update’ and click on ‘Choose from Internal Storage.’
- Now select OTA ZIP file Which you downloaded before.
- Wait until installation process gets over.
- Once done reboot your device.
- That’s it! Your OnePlus 3/3T device will reboot into latest OxygenOS.
Hope this post is informative on updating your OP3 and OP3T with latest Nougat 7.1.1. If so, do share and comment below on Open Beta 14 and Open Beta 5 on OnePlus 3/3T update! Don’t forget to share your experience and if you are facing any issue, do let us know!
Stay tuned for more!