Looking for some guide to Root Xiaomi MI Max Prime? Then how to root your device in one click? Check out this post for more!
Recently we talked about MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Mi Max. Now we are here with a trick to root your Xiaomi MI Max Prime to gain a whole lot of access and also install TWRP recovery to let you install custom ROMs and more. So if you are interested, just follow our guide.
Are you keen on rooting and doing all those stuff, use this guide to Root and Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI Max Prime?. Let’s get Started with the guide section!
Root Xiaomi MI Max Prime
We are going to guide you how to root and install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi MI Max Prime running Android Nougat OS. So kindly check that and also go through the notes below. If everything checks, you can go straight to the steps to start rooting. Let’s Check How to Root Xiaomi MI Max Prime!
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Need an unlocked bootloader on your device.
- This method only works for Xiaomi MI Max Prime. Do not attempt this on any other phones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
- This process will also erase all files on the phone, make sure you perform a full backup before proceeding.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
There are the files required to root and install TWRP recovery. Download and install them as instructed.
|Required Tools||Download Links|
|ADB and Fastboot driver||Download|
|TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi MI Max Prime||Download|
|QD Loader HS USB Driver||Download|
|SuperSu Zip Folder||Download|
Steps to Root and Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI Max Prime
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI Max Prime
- If you don’t have an unlocked bootloader, go here.
- Download the TWRP and adb files from above.
- In developer settings, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Install the adb driver now and open the adb folder and connect your phone to PC.
- Open the CMD on the folder and enter the command,
adb Reboot bootloader
- Your phone will be rebooted to Fastboot mode. To check the device connectivity, enter:
- Rename the TWRP file into recovery.img and put it in the adb folder. Now flash the file by entering the line below.
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Which means you have installed the Recovery and to give a System Reboot enter below command,
- Once done, proceed to the final stage of our process of rooting Mi Max Prime device shared below.
How to Root Xiaomi MI Max Prime
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip file from above and move the file to your internal storage.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your contents and perform a factory reset.
- Reboot your phone via pressing Volume up + Power button.
- Enter in Recovery.
- Choose “Install” from TWRP main menu.
- Give the path where you located the supersu.zip file in your internal storage.
- Then just “Swipe to confirm flash” and the flashing process shall begin.
- Wait for a while until the flashing process gets completed.
- Once done, reboot your device and enjoy!
- That’s it.
Latest Update: MIUI 188.8.131.52 for Redmi 3s
You have now successfully completed the process. That is the end of our guide to Root and Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI Max Prime. Hope this helped, share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.
Stay tuned for more updates on Rooting Guides!