In this guide post, we show you how to Download & install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel & Pixel XL. A few weeks back, the Lineage OS team updated the ROM to Android 7.1.1 with various bug fixes and optimisations. It includes you can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, night mode, data saver mode option, one handed mode, improved battery life, latest security patches and more on Google Pixel devices.in this article we will help you How to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL hasn’t got the official Lineage OS 14.1, but thanks to the XDA developer for sharing the unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Google Pixel devices. The custom ROM shared in this post will support both Google Pixel ‘sailfish’ and Pixel XL ‘marlin’. This ROM version looks similar to CyanogenMod, but with some extra customization options.Below we sharing how to download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
If you want to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based custom firmware on your Pixel devices, then you should give a try to the Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Google Pixel and Pixel XL
LineageOS is based on Android Open Source Project and is free. This particular version of the LineageOS 14.1 for Google Pixel Devices. Also, this is an unofficial ROM and is still kind of work in progress. Things working in the ROM are listed below and bugs are actively found and fixed by the XDA developer. The ROM is still stable and functional, so try it with confidence.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Google Pixel or Pixel XL. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Downloads LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Google Pixel
You can download the unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Google Pixel ‘sailfish’ devices from below.
|File Name||Download Links|
|Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Google Pixel (sailfish)||Download|
You can download the unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Google Pixel XL ‘marlin’ devices from below.
|File Name||Download Links|
|Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Pixel XL (marlin)||Download|
Easy Steps to Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Download all required files for your device from above.
- Transfer them all to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Then perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the firmware file first and flash it.
- After flashing firmware, select the LineageOS 14.1 zip and flash it.
- Wait for the installation to finish and finally, select Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot the device and you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
That is it. You have now successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel & Pixel XL. Hope this guide helped you to flash properly. If you have any doubts regarding Lineage OS 14.1 update for Google Pixel and Pixel X, do comment below.
Stay tuned for more updates on LineageOS Google Plixel smartphones!