The Samsung Galaxy S8 is without any doubt the best and most attractive looking Smartphone out there in the market. The device features some really cutting edge technology in terms of its hardware specifications and also feature a design that is second to no other Smartphone in the market today. But we thought of sharing a series of top faced S8 Errors and the best way to fix them. You can find all sort of Galaxy S8 Problems in our Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 may have only been on the market for just a few weeks now, but we already know in detail about the key software features of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Smartphone. So its this post is all about Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ
- 2 How to Hide Status and Navigation bar on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 3 How to Enable Mobile WIFI Hotspot on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 4 How to Change the Display Resolution of Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 5 How to Change DPI Settings on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 6 How to fix the Red Display Tint Issue on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 7 How to Change Navigation Keys Layout on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 8 How to fix Bixby Button not Working Issue on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- 9 How to Change the order of Navigation buttons on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 10 How to Remove Icon Frames on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 11 How to Fix Wi-Fi Issues on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 12 How to Enable Smart Stay on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 13 How to Force Apps to Go Full Screen on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 14 How to Soft Reset when apps crash on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 15 How to Improve Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 16 How to Enable Floating Camera Button on Galaxy S8 and S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ
If you recently bought the all new Samsung Galaxy S8 and if you wish to know more on the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ containing all the known issues and fixes so far, then today we have compiled a list on the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ that features some of the most commonly faced issues and their fixes.
So without any further let’s check out the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ, the Galaxy S8 problems, errors and the ways to fix them! Yeah, you can easily fix all the problems, issues and errors on your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus devices with these Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
- First of all, enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S8. To do so, go to “Settings” and then click on “About Phone”. Scroll to the bottom of the options and click on the “Build Number” option 7 times to activate Developer Settings. Then, go back to “Settings” and click on “Developer Settings”. Under Developer Settings, you will find the option to enable USB Debugging.
- Now, install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC from here, or Mac powered devices from here.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to the PC.
- Now, navigate to the folder where you had downloaded the ADB and Fastboot drivers from Step 2. On an empty space of the same folder, press the Windows key and press the Right button on your mouse. From the pop-up window that appears, choose the “Open CMD Window here” option.
- Now, if you only wish to hide the Status bar on your Samsung Galaxy S8, copy & paste the below command into the Command Prompt window that appears after Step 4.
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
- Or else, if you wish to hide only the navigation bar, then enter the command below:
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*
- In case you want to hide both the status bar and the navigation bar, then use the command below:
adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*
- In case you wish to revert any changes you had made to the status bar or navigation bar view on Samsung Galaxy S8, the type in the command:
adb shell settings put global policy_control null*
- And you’re done!
How to Enable Mobile WIFI Hotspot on Samsung Galaxy S8?
- To Enable Mobile WIFI Hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy S8, first of all, launch the “Settings” application on your device.
- Under the “Wireless & Networks” section, click on the “Personal Hotspot” option.
- You will now be able to turn ON the Personal Hotspot feature and Setup different aspects of your WIFI hotspot network like the Wifi Hotspot name, the Security and the password for your WIFI hotspot.
- And that is how you can easily enable Mobile WIFI hotspot on Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Smartphone with these Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
How to Change the Display Resolution of Samsung Galaxy S8?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 features a Quad-HD resolution display that offers a resolution of 2960×1440 pixels. However, by default on the Samsung Galaxy S8, the display resolution is set to 2220×1080 pixels. If you wish to change the display resolution to full Quad-HD resolution at 2960×1440 pixels, then below is how to do so:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Under “Phone Settings”, click on the “Display” option.
- And then choose the “Screen Resolution” option.
- Now you can set the display resolution of your Samsung Galaxy S8 by moving the blue dot.
- And that is how you can set the display resolution of the Samsung Galaxy S8 to Quad-HD resolution.
How to Change DPI Settings on Samsung Galaxy S8?
If you are in search for a guide that will let you change the DPI Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8 without the need of rooting it, then below is a guide for the same:
- Go to “Settings”, and then click on “About Phone”.
- Under About Phone, tap 7 times on the “Build Number” option. This will enable the “Developer Options” on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Now go to “Settings” and then click on the “Developer Settings” option.
- Under Developer Settings, click on the “Minimum Width” option.
- Now you can change the DPI value of your Samsung Galaxy S8 by setting your desired value on the space provided.
Now yu have successfully completed editing the DPI value of your Samsung Galaxy S8 and its one of the important Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
How to fix the Red Display Tint Issue on Samsung Galaxy S8?
Some recent Samsung Galaxy S8 buyers have been raising issues related to a reddish tint on the displays of their Samsung Galaxy S8 units. Well, Samsung have officially stated that this is not a hardware issue and can be fixed from the Device Settings itself. If you are facing the same issue, then here is how you can fix the Reddish tint issue on Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Go to Settings>Display>Screen Mode>Color Balance and then adjust the color balance of your Samsung Galaxy S8’s display to suit your liking.
If the above fix does not help solve your issue, then take your Samsung Galaxy S8 to the nearest service center for a proper inspection.
We already shared on using Pixel Navigation Bar on Oneplus devices. If you wish to change the layout of the navigation keys on your Samsung Galaxy S8, then below is how to do so:
- Go to Settings. Then choose “Display” and then select the “Navigation Bar” option.
- Now choose the “Button Layout” option.
- Choose your desired navigation keys layout from the options that are listed.
And now you have successfully changed the navigation keys layout on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Its one of the most frequent Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ!
How to fix Bixby Button not Working Issue on Samsung Galaxy S8?
“Bixby” is Samsung’s latest virtual personal assistant offering that does tasks similar to that already done by the Google Assistant, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana. The main attraction of the Samsung Galaxy S8 is that it features a dedicated Bixby button to its left side, whose only function is to launch the Bixby virtual assistant application.
Several Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus users have been complaining lately that the Bixby button on their devices does not seem to respond properly. Well, if you are facing a similar issue, then here is how to fix it:
- First of all, make sure that the issue is not related to the hardware of your device. In case you suspect a hardware issue, take it to the nearest service center and get it checked.
- Otherwise, make sure that you do not long press the Bixby button on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. A short press on the Bixby button is enough to launch the application.
There are some guides that help you Install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung devices without any root access.
You know we can always change the things in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen on most phones. The Galaxy S8, however, is Samsung’s first S series with the on-screen navigation keys. By default, the keys in the Samsung Galaxy S8’s Navigation bar is arranged in this order: Recent apps, Home and Back. You can change it the way you want in the S8 just like you do on any other smartphone.
This is really simple and easy to do. It does not require any third-party apps or additional configurations. Everything you need is already in the Settings app of the phone.
- Head to the Settings.
- Go to the Display and scroll down until you see the Navigation bar. Tap it.
- Then tap Button layout.
- Here you can change the layout the way you like. There’s the default configuration which is Recent, Home and Back that’s already set. You can also set the other one Back, Home and Recent.
- Choose your desired layout and you’ll see the result right away in the Navigation bar.
How to Remove Icon Frames on Samsung Galaxy S8
You may notice the frames of white around the icons in your Galaxy S8. It is caused due to some modifications in the software which is changeable. We can remove it by toggling a setting in the phone’s Settings app. Just follow the steps below to do so.
- Head to the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8 (or S8 Plus).
- Go to the Display settings.
- Tap the Icon Frames option.
- Select “Only icons” option there and press Done.
- You are done now.
If you want the Galaxy S8/S8 Plus icons, then you can Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Icon Pack and use it on any Android smartphones.
How to Fix Wi-Fi Issues on Samsung Galaxy S8
Sometimes you may experience problems with the WiFi in your Samsung Galaxy S8. It may not connect to a network or it maybe something else. We will show you few simple solutions that can fix this issue in your Galaxy S8 smartphone. Follow the simple steps below that we shared in Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
On/Off Wi-Fi: This may sound very silly. But this is the very first thing that one would do after a WiFi issue, so we recommend the same. Just turn off your Wi-Fi in the settings and turn it back on. Also, try turning on the Airplane Mode and then off it. Now see if the problem is fixed.
Forget Network: In the Wi-Fi settings, forget the network that you cannot connect to and then connect back to it again. It will ask you the password again. Enter it and see if you can connect now. This is one among the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
Restart the router/modem: Another thing you can try is restarting your router or modem in your place. Just turn the power off and turn it back on after 10-20 seconds. Then try connecting to that Wi-Fi again.
DNS Settings: You can change the DNS settings to try and fix the issue regarding your Wi-Fi connection which comes under the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Forget the network you are connected to first and connect to it again.
- Tap “Advanced Options” while entering the password and scroll down to find IP settings option.
- Change the status to Static from DHCP and in the DNS 1 and DNS fields below, enter the DNS addresses that you desire.
- After doing it all, connect to the network and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Software update: Samsung will release a fix of some phones with the Wi-Fi issue in a software update that can be done by following the steps below.
- So try that by going to Settings > About Phone and there look for a System update or Software update.
- Check whether there are any updates.
- Perform the update and then check your Wi-Fi again.
Factory Reset: If nothing above works, not even the Software update, then the only remaining solution is the factory reset S8. It will get your device back to the initial condition by erasing everything and setting all settings to default. So it might help the Wi-Fi issue and fix it. You can perform it by the following steps.
- Turn off your device first.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the recovery screen.
- Use the volume keys to move and select the Wipe data/factory reset option.
- Tap it or press Power button over it to start the reset. Once you are done, you can see if the problem is fixed or not.
How to Enable Smart Stay on Samsung Galaxy S8
Smart Stay is a special feature from Samsung that came first on the Galaxy S3 five years ago. Samsung still likes to keep old things like that and it is hidden inside even the new Galaxy S8. But it is turned off by default. You can enable it by easy steps below and this is one among the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
- Go to Settings of you Galaxy S8.
- Scroll down and find Advanced features menu there.
- You will find Smart stay option there as soon as you get in.
- Turn it on by tapping the toggle and you are done!
Note: This feature does consume more battery power as it is using the front camera when it’s on. So keep that in mind while using it. Also, note that it only works well in well-lighted conditions.
How to Force Apps to Go Full Screen on Samsung Galaxy S8
Sometimes some apps may fail to stretch across the huge screen of the Samsung Galaxy S8. This is because of the different aspect ratio on the S8 – 18.5:9. But most apps are designed to run on 16:9 aspect ratio. It will leave slim black bars around the corners of the screen while running some apps. This issue can be fixed easily. Just follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings and then Display.
- Find the Full Screen Apps option there.
- There, just select the apps that need to be stretched to full screen in future.
- After selecting, leave it and try starting the app.
- The app will now be forced to run on Full Screen whenever you run them.
How to Soft Reset when apps crash on Samsung Galaxy S8
Often, the Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ might freeze due to many reasons. Mostly it’s due to bad apps that crash your smartphone. You won’t be able to press any buttons and nothing works. This can be fixed by a soft reset.
- Press and hold the Power button on the right side. If the popup is shown, press Restart to restart your S8.
- If the popup doesn’t show up, then keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds or more. This will eventually reset your Galaxy S8 and then it will get fine when it turns on again.
How to Improve Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S8
There are few ways to improve the battery life in the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone. Just follow the instructions we compiled below shared Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ.
Lowering the Screen Resolution: You can do this to improve the battery life a lot. By default, it is 2220 x 1080 FHD+ in the S8. You can set it down to the 1480 x 720 HD+ if you want to sacrifice those extra pixels for a longer battery.
Force apps to go to Sleep: You can force running apps to go to sleep on the Galaxy S8 to improve battery and performance. Just press and hold an app icon and press Sleep.
Turn off always-on display feature: These days more and more manufacturers are bringing this feature and say it consumes less battery. Well, it’s true but at the same time, it also consumes more battery than usual. So it can be turned off to improve it a bit. You can do so by following the steps below.
- Go to settings and Lock Screen and Security option.
- Under the Lock Screen and Always On Display, you can turn off the Always On Display.
Turn the brightness down/Turn off WiFi, Bluetooth: This is an obvious step that everyone takes care of. We are also recommending it here. Lower your brightness level to the minimum you can have and turn off things like WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Auto-Rotation and even Auto-Brightness. These can help you improve your Galaxy S8’s battery a lot just like in any other smartphone.
UPDATED ON MAY 30, 2017
How to Enable Floating Camera Button on Galaxy S8 and S8+
The company introduced the new feature ‘Floating Camera shutter button‘ that will help you move the Camera shutter button to anywhere inside the camera app. Floating camera shutter button on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ offers an alternative location on the screen for you to tap to take photos.
In order to Enable Floating Camera Button on Galaxy S8 And S8+, just follow the below method!
- Open Camera App.
- Head over to its Setting by hitting the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down till you see the Floating Camera button
- Toggle the button to Enable it.
- That’s it!
The above article featured some latest Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ listing out all the known issues and its fixes so far. If you liked this article, then do share this article with people you know who may have recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Smartphone.
Hope that solved your issue. Still facing the issue? Then leave a comment below explaining the problem and we will help you out.
Stay tuned for more updates on Samsung Galaxy S8 Tricks and Tweaks and on top Samsung Galaxy S8 FAQ with perfect solutions!