A few days back the EMUI 5.0 based B156 firmware ROM running Android 7.0 Nougat was released for the Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone.The B156 firmware ROM that is now available for the Huawei Mate 9, updates your Android Smartphone to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat version.
The B156 ROM is now available in the Middle East, and if you own the Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone and if you are living in the Middle East, then you should update your Smartphone right now to enjoy all the software benefits of the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
The Mate 9 is one of the most popular Android Smartphones from Huawei. The Mate 9 is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor from HiSilicon, a subsidiary chipset manufacturer of Huawei itself. The device also features 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage along with MicroSD card slot with support up to an additional 256GB.
Other hardware specifications of the Huawei Mate 9 include a 5.9inch IPS LCD display of Full-HD resolution at 1080×1920 pixels, 20MP+12MP dual camera lens setup in the rear along with an 8MP front-facing selfie shooter. The Huawei Mate 9 has a 4000mAh non-removable battery. The device has a thickness of 7.90mm and weighs just 190grams.
If you are interested in knowing how to update Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone to Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, then below is the only guide that you will need to do the same.
Huawei Mate 9 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware Details:
Below are some of the details of the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for the Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone:
- Runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
- The firmware version is B156.
- The firmware runs on the EMUI 5.0 custom UI.
- This firmware supports the Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone with model number MHA-L09.
- The B156 firmware for Huawei Mate 9 was released on 11 Feb 2017.
- The firmware is released for the Middle East region.
- To know more about the changes in the B156 firmware for the Huawei Mate 9, you can read the changelog by clicking here.
How to Update Huawei Mate 9 to Android 7.0 Nougat?
- Extract the ZIP file on your device.
- Create a new folder with the name of “dload” in the root of your internal storage.
- Copy the “update.app” file from the extracted firmware folder to the dload folder.
- Now open the keypad application on your Huawei Mate 9 and then type in “*#*#2846579#*#*“.
- Select the update package by navigating through Software Upgrade>SD Card Upgrade and then clicking on Confirm.
- Now the Android 7.0 Nougat based b156 firmware package will be installed on your Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete successfully. It may take up to a couple of minutes.
And now that’s completed. Your Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone will now reboot. After the reboot, the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system will be running on your Huawei Mate 9 Android Smartphone.
Hope you found this guide on how to update Huawei Mate 9 to Android 7.0 Nougat helpful. In the case of any doubts, please leave them as comments below for us to help.