If you did not like the Nougat or if you felt like your phone can’t handle it, you can downgrade it right away. So follow the guide below to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. We recently shared how to Downgrade S6 and S6 Edge to Nougat. Now we are here with a method to actually downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
The Android update was released by Samsung a while ago. Users have already updated it and found a number of reasons to hate it. They wanted to revert back to Marshmallow and if you are one of them, just follow the step by step guide below on Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5
The Stable version of Android Nougat for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is available for download and users can update their S6 to Nougat version. You can also Revert Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Marshmallow Version if they want! Just follow this guide post for more!
- Although this method has been verified working by some people, it is still risky.
- Your phone will be completely wiped during the process. We recommend you to take a backup before proceeding.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- The method will only work on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphones. Do not try it on other devices.
- A PC or Laptop.
- USB drivers for your phone installed on PC.
Download Required Files To DOWNGRADE
|File Name||Download links|
|Odin Flash Tool||Download|
Stock Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy Note 5
|File Name||Download links|
|Galaxy Note 5 Stock Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920G||Download|
|Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920G||Download|
|Galaxy Note 5 Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920W8||Download|
|Galaxy Note 5 Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920T||Download|
|Other Samsung Galaxy Note 5 variant||Download|
Keep in mind that there is a certain amount of risk involved while following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks. If you are clear with all that, let us begin and get into the procedure now.
Steps to Downgrade Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- Make sure you have downloaded the tool and the firmware of your phone (Galaxy Note 5) that we have provided earlier.
- First of all, you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking in Settings > Developer options. If you don’t have developer options enabled, go to About phone and tap Build Number 7 times.
- Open the Odin tool you downloaded.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 5 with your PC via USB cable.
- Now, enter download mode on your phone by turning off your phone. Then, press and hold Volume down, Home and Power buttons. Do it until you see the download mode on the screen.
- When the device is in download mode and connected to Odin, you will see its ID in ID:COM box. If it doesn’t show there, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for the phone.
- Now select the downloaded firmware files in the AP box in Download section in Odin.
- In Option tab, tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Press Start button once you are ready. The flashing process will start now.
- Once the process is complete, a green Pass message will appear.
You have successfully completed the process. That is all from our how to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow guide.
Latest: Downgrade Galaxy A7
We hope that this helped you on Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Let us know in comment section below if you have any doubts. Stay tuned for more updates!