Qualcomm is one of the major chipset manufacturers in the world and almost all the leading Smartphones from every manufacturer runs on the Qualcomm manufactured chipsets, from the highest end devices to the budget-oriented ones. We shared Best Custom ROM for Snapdragon and here we brought you the main comparison between the Snapdragon 820 vs Snapdragon 821.
Lately, the Snapdragon 820 and the Snapdragon 821 have been two of the most talked about chipsets from Qualcomm. Even though both the chipsets belong to the higher-end 82x Snapdragon series, both of them have their own similarities and differences. To give you a better perspective on both the SD 820 and SD 821, today we are here with a comparison article on Snapdragon 820 vs Snapdragon 821 and their differences.
Snapdragon 820 vs Snapdragon 821: What Are the Main Differences?
If you are interested to know the differences between Snapdragon 820 vs Snapdragon 821 chipsets, then here are the key differences that you should know:
- Increased CPU and GPU Speed: The Snapdragon 821 features 10% increase in CPU speed and 5% increase in GPU speed compared to the Snapdragon 820.
- Reduced Battery Consumption: The Snapdragon 821 has a 5% better battery efficiency when compared to the Snapdragon 820 chipset.
- Faster App Loading and Boot Times: The Snapdragon 821 features 10% faster app loading time and boot times.
- Support for Virtual Reality: The Snapdragon 821 adds support for the VR-SDK which means the Snapdragon 821 powered devices is capable of offering highly detailed VR experience with good audio quality.
- Support for Phase Detection Autofocus and Extended Laser Autofocus: The Snapdragon 821 brings in the Phase Detection Autofocus feature that works even on wide angle lens. The PDAF feature along with the support for extended laser autofocus improves the focus range, accuracy and shutter speed of the camera thus allowing to take photos faster even of moving objects.
- Android 7.0 Nougat Based Enhancements: Even though the Snapdragon 820 features software support for the Android Nougat, the Snapdragon 821 brings in added support for several security features and other functionalities available from the Android 7.0 Nougat Android version.
Smartphones Powered by Snapdragon 821 Chipset
As said before, the Snapdragon 821 is the higher-end chipset model from Qualcomm and is widely used across many Smartphones from all of the popular manufacturers. If you are interested to know more on the Smartphones powered by Snapdragon 821 chipset, below are the list of devices running on Snapdragon 821 chipset:
- OnePlus 3T.
- Sony Xperia XZ.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7(Discontinued).
- HTC U Ultra.
- LG G6.
- Lenovo ZUK Edge.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix.
- Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Oppo Find 9.
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe.
- Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
Instead, if you are interested to know on the Smartphones powered by the Snapdragon 820 chipset, then below are the most popular Smartphones powered by the Snapdragon 820 chipset.
- Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Moto Z and Z Force.
- LG G5.
- LG V20.
- Sony Xperia XZ.
- Sony Xperia X Performance.
- OnePlus 3.
- Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Oppo Find 7.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are well known for their superior performance and reliability. No matter which Snapdragon chipset your device runs, you will surely receive the best performance. Even though the Snapdragon 821 features several upgrades over the Snapdragon 820, the overall performance will remain the same.
Hope you found today’s Snapdragon 820 vs Snapdragon 821 comparison helpful. If you own a device running either the Snapdragon 820 or the Snapdragon 821 chipset, do leave a comment below with a review on your experience with the device.