The Motorola Moto Z Play was launched back in August of last year. It is a smartphone running stock Android 6.0.1 out of the box and sports a unique design different from other Moto series smartphones. However, Motorola has decided to disable Miracast in the smartphone in order to force the users to use Chromecast instead. Does Moto Z Have Miracast? Yeah, it has! So here in this guide, we instruct you on how to Enable Miracast on Moto Z Play.
- How to Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- How to Change MAC Address of Android Devices [Root/Unroot]
- How to Manually Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat
Miracast is a wireless connection standard that is usually present on all Android devices. It lets users to wirelessly connect devices like laptops, tablets or smartphones and to stream, displays such as TVs, monitors or projectors. In easy words, we can say it is HDMI over Wi-Fi. This guide is post is all about How to do Miracast in Moto Z Play smartphone.
Moto Z Play Miracast
In this method to enable Miracast on Moto Z Play, what we will be doing is editing a line of code in build.prop. A build.prop is nothing but a system file on your Android device that has some settings and builds properties of the same. Every manufacturer has a different build.prop files based on their specifications but still some settings here same in all devices.
To edit this build.prop file, you need to root your Moto Z Play. So make sure your device is rooted and follow the steps below for moto z play screen mirroring.
Keep in mind that rooting will void your warranty and can harm your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We at Techora, are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process.
This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks. This particular procedure is developed by an XDA developer dedraks and it is verified by him and a lot of other members.
- Must have root access on your Motorola Moto Z Play.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data and your build.prop file in case something goes wrong.
Steps to Enable Miracast on Moto Z Play
- First of all, you need a file browser with root explorer to find and edit the build.prop file. So head to the Google Play Store and find one.
- We recommend ES File Explorer and will be using it in this guide.
- After opening ES File Explorer, go to its settings.
- Scroll down until you find Root Explorer and tap it. Allow Superuser access when it is prompted.
- After that, check the “Mount File System” check box.
- Click the menu and select “Device” under Local. The root directory of your device will show up.
- Go to “system“. Here, locate the “build.prop” file.
- After locating it, open it with note editor app.
- In that file, find the following lines
- Change the same to this below
- Reboot the device and you will now have Miracast enabled.
If you have followed all the steps correctly, your Motorola Moto Z Play will now have Miracast enabled. Yeah, you have Enabled Moto z Play Miracast. Hope this was helpful. Drop a comment below if you need any assistance. Stay tuned for more updates!