Recently we shared the method to flash any stock firmware on Vivo smartphone to get your stock ROM back. Now, we are here with a similar guide for the well-known brand of Sony. Sony, as we all know, are known for their Xperia lineup. There is their brand new Xperia smartphone of 2017 ready to launch soon. There is a special tool for flashing stock firmware easily on Sony Xperia phones known as XperiFirm. We will show you how to Official flash firmware on Sony Xperia phones using XperiFirm.
What is XperiFirm?
XperiFirm is a simple and neat tool to flash Sony Xperia devices with their stock firmware. The firmware for every Xperia smartphone is available on the Internet.
Keep in mind that the procedure is somewhat risky. So do it at your own risk even if you are following our guide. We at Techora are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
XperiFirm – Link
(You need .NET Framework to run this tool on Windows 7 or below – Here)
How to Flash Firmware on Sony Xperia Phones Using XperiFirm
- Download and extract the tool we provided above. The tool is in a portable format so there is no installation needed.
- Open the XperiFirm.exe to start it and select your Xperia device from the long list on the left. Then, select your region and select the firmware version in Available Firmware.
- Download the firmware you selected. Make sure you have selected the right firmware for your device’s model and variant number.
- After the download, you will see a pop-up message. Click OK to continue.
- Now open Sony Mobile Flasher (Flashtool) to make an FTF file out of the firmware we just downloaded and go to Tools > Bundles > Create.
- Choose the folder where you put the downloaded firmware as the source folder.
- In the Device field, select your Xperia device.
- In branding, enter the name of your firmware.
- Likewise, enter the version number of the firmware you are going to flash.
- In the folder list below, select all the files and transfer them to the right so that all of them are in the “Firmware content” section.
- After all that, press Create.
- Once the process is finished, go to the directory C:\Users\<username>\.flashtool\firmwares\ to find the FTF file.
- Now we are going to flash the FTF firmware. Click the flash icon on the flash tool.
- Select Flashmode option.
- In the next window, select the FTF file we just created and on the right, enable the options APPSLOG, CACHE, DATA.
- Now, click Flash.
- After a while, you will be asked to connect your device. Turn off your device. Connect your device by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button with the USB cable.
- After a successful connection, the flashing process will start.
- A success message will show up once the flashing is complete and you will be asked to unplug your phone.
Finally, unplug your Xperia and turn it on to enjoy the fresh stock firmware. Hope this guide to Flash Firmware on Sony Xperia Phones helped you. Make sure to comment below if you have any questions, we’ll be glad to help.
Stay tuned for more updates!