Today we are here with a very well detailed tutorial on how you can easily Install Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S6. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ is one among the flagship Android Smartphones from Samsung back in 2015.
- Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ [SM-G928]
- How to Download & Install Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Nougat Update?
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro
The Samsung Galaxy S6 ran Android 5.0.1 Lollipop upon release and then later received an update to the Android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow. As of now, there has been no official firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 that could update the Android version running on the device to the latest 7.1 Nougat. This AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware works only on Galaxy S6 G920F.
AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S6 G920F
However, if you own the Samsung Galaxy S6 and if it is already rooted then we are here with a method, following which you be able to install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. Now, the AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6 has managed to remove a lot of unwanted bloatware apps from the device. And much more bloatware applications that were pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F.
Before proceeding to install Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S6, please do confirm the below steps have been completed:
- This guide is only valid for the Samsung Galaxy S6 with model number SM-G920F.
- TWRP recovery must be already installed on your device.
- The battery backup percent should be at least 80% on your device.
- We are not responsible for any kind of damage on your Galaxy S6 before or even after completing the guide below.
Download AOKP Nougat ROM Files for Samsung Galaxy S6
Latest AOKP Nougat ROM – Link
Gapps for S6 – Link
Steps to Install AOKP Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6
- Download the AOKP Nougat ROM and Gapps from above.
- After downloading all the two files mentioned above, copy and then place all the files on the internal storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 to the TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power keys.
- In the TWRP Recovery tap ‘Wipe’ button and swipe ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to Main Menu and tap ‘Install’Select the Zip files which you copied to your internal storage.
- Now just Swipe to right ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ to begin the installation.
- Wait for a while until the installation process gets over, once it over Tap on the ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’.
- Reboot your device and enjoy!
And now you have successfully completed the required steps to install AOKP Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6. If you have any doubts related to it, leave them below! Do share this post with your friends and +1 this post. Stay tuned for more updates!