Here we got the Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for Moto G4 Play which is available via OTA. As said, Moto started rolling out its new OTA update for the device with the build number Moto G4 Play. So now you can Download and Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G4 Play using ADB tools and TWRP Recovery. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Moto G4 Play to Android 7.1.1. Nougat manually just by following the below instructions.
Of course, the OTA update comes with new improvements, bug fixes, and some tweaks in performance too! This 26.21.8 soak test OTA update zip file has become available for download to those of us to would like to flash/install Android 7.1.1 on their Moto G4 Play. Let’s check out how to Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Moto G4 Play? How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Moto G4 Play?
Install Nougat Update on Moto G4 Play
If you want to check your region are also eligible for the update, then navigate to Settings > About Device > System Updates. If you see OTA update, just hit Download and sleet the Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download the nougat update files. The Nougat OTA update for Moto G4 Play file is sized around 1GB and it is advisable to charge your Moto G4 Play device sufficiently before beginning the OTA update.
So let’s check How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G4 Play manually on your device?
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Moto G4 Play.
Download Android 7.1.1 OTA for Moto G4 Play
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G4 Play
Method #1: Using ADB and Fastboot setup tools
- First, you need to Enable ‘USB Debugging’ by going through the ‘Developer Option’ menu.
- Then Download Moto G4 Play OTA Update Zip file from the above link and store the file where ADB is installed on your device.
- Switch Off the mobile and Turn it on by pressing Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- You will enter the Recovery Mode, there Tap on ‘Apply Update from ADB’ and connect your Moto G4 Play to PC.
- Navigate to the folder where OTA update file is stored and press Shift Key and Right Click and Choose Open Command Window Here. This will open a command window on your desktop.
- Now enter the below commands to check your device for proper connected,
- If your mobile is listed, then enter the below command to sideload. If your mobile is not listed, you need to reinstall ADB driver again.
adb sideload filename.zip [replace filename.zip with original filename]
- It will automatically start the installation process.Once the process completes, just Reboot your mobile.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto G4 Play.
Method #2: Using TWRP Recovery
- First, you need to download Full OTA for Moto G4 Play devcie.
- Move the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Head to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number several times.
- Navigate to Developers Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your device and enter the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Volume Up +Power buttons.
- Tap on Apply Update and Select the downloaded zip files.
- Wait for a while, once the installation completes Reboot your device!
- That’s it!
Hope this article is helpful on How to Download and Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G4 Play. If you do, share and comment below! Stay tuned for more updates! [Via]