So, at last, we got the LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 8 Pro device. This post takes you through the simple procedure to download and install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro. If you want to know How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei Honor 8 Pro, then you should check out this post!
The Huawei Honor 8 Pro is one of the newest and the most successful smartphones in the Honor lineup which can be compared to a flagship. It’s a 5.7” phone with a QHD display on its metal body. It has been supported by 6 GB of RAM and runs on a powerful 2.4 GHz Octa-core Kirin SoC. This slim mobile phone packs a battery of 4000 mAh which gets fully charged in less than 2 hours. It contains a feature of dual camera setup on its back which can shoot 4K videos as well. This slim mobile phone packs a battery of 4000 mAh which gets fully charged in less than 2 hours. It contains a feature of dual camera setup on its back which can shoot 4K videos as well.
Well to do install Lineage OS 14.1 on your Honor 8 Pro, you need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device. So without wasting any more time let’s see how to Download and Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. Thanks to the XDA member OldDroid who shared the Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM for Honor 8 Pro. It built to support Android 7.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright.
The LineageOS 14.1 for Honor 8 Pro comes with lots of Nougat features and some iOS features such as LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and more to be listed. Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro from below. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
- Rear Video Camera Recording working only with OpenCamera and set FPS to 15
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Huawei Honor 8 Pro. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Honor 8 Pro
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro
- Download all the required files given above and transfer them all to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and Boot Honor 8 Pro in to TWRP. To do that Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Now Factory Reset, to do that go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, Vendor, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now Flash the vendor.img and to do that extract the vendor.zip and move the to your external sd card.
- Open TWRP terminal,
dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor
- Once you flash the vendor file, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Then you need to Flash the GApps zip file.
- Just follow the steps as you did before! Wipe cache & Dalvik cache again.
- Reboot the device and you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
That is it. You have now successfully Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro. Hope this guide helped you to flash properly. If you have any doubts, do comment below. Stay tuned for more updates![Via]