Today we are going to cover the Huawei P10/P10 Plus on our root guide. We now have a way to root and install TWRP on the device. So if you own a Huawei P10/P10 Plus and want to root and install recovery on it, follow our guide here to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus.
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- How to Install TWRP & Root Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge & Install TWRP
We are showing you a very simple procedure that requires a PC or laptop. After rooting your device, you will gain a lot of access like: Can uninstall factory apps, install your own custom ROMs, change system settings, etc. It is what every Android enthusiast will do first thing after buying a new phone.
Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- All files present in your phone will be erased. So be sure to take a backup before proceeding.
- Your device must have unlocked bootloader first.
- This method only works for Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. Do not attempt this on any other smartphones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
- ADB and Fastboot tools – Link | Mirror (Install it on PC)
- TWRP for Huawei P10 – Link (Put it on the ADB directory)
- TWRP for Huawei P10 Plus – Link (Put it on the ADB directory)
- Boot Image for Huawei P10 Boot_VTR-L29C10B120 – Link (Download only if you get Error 1)
- Boot Image for Huawei P10 Boot_VTR-L29C432B123 – Link (Download only if you get Error 1)
- Stock Recovery and recovery VTR-L09C423B113 – Link
- SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip – Link
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus
Installing TWRP Recovery
- Go to Android setting’s Developer options and enable Android debugging.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools and place the TWRP recovery for your Huawei device (Select it and download from links above) .img file in that folder. Rename the file to “recovery.img”
- Now, go to the ADB folder where it was installed and open the CMD window by pressing ‘shift’ key and right-clicking anywhere on the folder.
- Connect your phone to the PC and reboot it by typing the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- That will take you to the Fastboot mode. Now you can check the connection with this command:
- If it shows your device, type in this last code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your device will reboot automatically after installing TWRP recovery.
- Lastly, enter the command below:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Rooting the Huawei P10/P10 Plus
- The last command will take you to the TWRP recovery mode. Select preferred language and continue.
- Navigate through the menu and find Install button there. Tap it and select the ‘SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip’
- That’s it. Your device is now rooted.
Note: If you get any error like “Error 1” while installing TWRP, then download and flash the boot image provided above with the code below while in fastboot cmd window.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
You have now successfully rooted your Huawei P10/10 Plus. Hope this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus helped you. Share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.